OnTime makes it easy to calculate a charge based on distance, whether miles or kilometers. To create a price modifier based on distance, follow these steps:
- Open OnTime Management Suite.
- Select Prices from the left.
- Ensure the current view is set to Price Modifiers.
- Click the button labeled New Price Modifier.
- Enter the Name for the distance-based price modifier.
- Change the Type to Distance Base Type.
- Set the Action to Incremental Overage Amount.
- Specify the Increment at which to apply the value. For example, enter 1 to charge for every one mile or kilometer.
- Set the Watch Value to Distance.
- Enter the amount to charge per increment of distance into the Value field.
For example: To charge $1.50 for each mile or kilometer, enter a 1 into the Increment field, and 1.50 into the Value field.