A price modifier range can control when an overage type price modifier will be applied. This can be useful when you need to create charges that only apply within a specific tier (or bracket) of weight, quantity, or distance. For example, charging $1.50 per mile between 0 and 10 miles and $2.00 per mile between 11 and 20 miles.
To create a tiered or bracketed charge, follow these steps:
- Open Prices view of OnTime Management Suite.
- Ensure that the Price Modifiers view is selected.
- Click the button labeled New Price Modifier from the top left.
- Enter a Name to identify the price modifier.
- Set the Action to one of the available overage amounts.
- Assign a Watch Value.
- Enter the required values into the Range fields. For example, enter 0 and 10 for a price modifier that only applies between 0 and 10 units of the watch value.
- Enter the desired value into Start calculating after field.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 for each tier required.
After creating each of the price modifiers required, they can be grouped together