Security keys protect access to the API associated with an OnTime account. Programmers and third-parties that would like access to the API on an account will need, by default, a security key. To create a security key, the OnTime account holder should follow these steps:
- Open OnTime Management Suite.
- Navigate to General Options and choose the Connections section.
- Under the Online API section, click the New button.
- Enter a Name (generally the name of the developer or application).
- Specify a Key by clicking the button labeled Generate a Random Key to automatically generate a unique security key.
- Click OK to make the security key active in the account.
More information about the OnTime API can be found here: