The total outstanding balance for a customer can be included on invoices generated within OnTime Management Suite. To do this, modify the invoice template by following these steps:
- Open the Billing view within OnTime Management Suite.
- Select the Invoices view under Current View on the left.
- Right-click on any of the available invoices and select Preview.
- In the window that opens, select the Modify button to launch the report designer.
- Click and drag the field entitled Customer Balance from the Field List, located on the right side of your screen, onto your invoice template.
By default, this field is not formatted as currency. To format as a currency value, follow these steps:
- Select the Customer Balance field on your report template and click on the arrow located just above its top right corner.
- In the menu that appears, click on the Format String field.
- Select Currency from the Category list in the window that appears.
- Select the desired formatting from the Standard Types list. For example, choose the $0.00 option to format the customer's balance as a dollar value.
- Click the OK button.