The following dialog may appear in QuickBooks if you are using version 3.5.119 or earlier of OnTime Management Suite.
If the Continue button has been clicked in the window shown above, OnTime may be blocked from connecting with QuickBooks. You may then receive an error message in OnTime Management Suite stating:
A connection to QuickBooks could not be established. Access denied. This application does not have permission to access this QuickBooks company data file. The QuickBooks administrator may grant permission through the Integrated Application preferences.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of OnTime Management Suite
- Restart your PC
- Open QuickBooks and ensure your QuickBooks company file is open and loaded
- Within QuickBooks, go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences. Then select Integrated Applications and ensure the Company Preferences tab is selected.
- If OnTime Management Suite is displayed within the application list, select it and click the Remove button
- Click OK to close the QuickBooks Preferences window
- Start OnTime Management Suite
- From the Home tab, choose General Options > Connections. Locate and click the button labeled Test Connection to QuickBooks.
- A window in QuickBooks should appear asking for permission to access your company file. Choose one of the Yes options and click Continue and then Done on the following window.