Using the new OnTime Mobile app will contribute to greater productivity and an operational edge in the courier field. Let’s introduce you to some of its features.
- SIGNAL AVAILABILITY: A driver can quickly and easily set their current availability, and can include a description of their current status, and when this is expected to change. This can be done as often as necessary.
- GPS: Let dispatch know where drivers are with accurate and consistent location tracking. The GPS tracking is reliable, allowing the feature to work even when the phone or device is asleep. Customization of the GPS features allows the ability to set how frequently the GPS information is tracked and sent, enabling users to save battery life of their devices. No longer worry about a device dying in the middle of the day. The control is in your hands. Set the transmission of location down to 5 seconds, beating our competitors’ claims that 12 seconds is the industry best.
- MAP ROUTING: Use Google Maps or Apple Maps to plot a route from your current position to the address of your next stop.
- OFFLINE SYNCHRONIZATION: Continue to work quickly with or without an internet connection. Features continue to work even when offline, and will automatically synchronize the results once an internet connection becomes available. This is especially useful during deliveries to locations where connections are limited or unavailable, such as in hospitals. Now drivers can enter delivery information into the app as usual, and then sync within seconds when an internet connection becomes available again. No longer will they have to keep track separately and enter upon connection.
- SECURE: Data is transmitted to and from the app securely with encryption. This added protection helps you to meet regulatory requirements, for instance, HIPAA compliance. Financial and legal firms will also appreciate the privacy afforded by this added security.
Download the app today on the Google Play store and the Apple App Store. We are excited to see the benefits these features will bring to your business.
We are pleased to announce the release of the new OnTime Mobile app for iOS and Android. We’ve designed and built these apps to be faster and more dependable than ever before.
OnTime Mobile gives couriers the tools they need in the field. Process your assigned orders and keep in constant communication with dispatch. What are some of the new features your delivery drivers can look forward to?
Keep dispatch informed where you are at, when you are available, and when you expect that to change. Great for independent contractors!
Save photos with an order at collection, delivery, or any stage in between.
Capture signatures using the touchscreen on your device.
Make adjustments to an order while on the go, without contacting dispatch.
Access the unassigned order list to assign an order to yourself, or transfer to another driver.
Let dispatch know where you are with accurate and consistent location tracking.
Use the camera on your device to quickly read a barcode from any label. The app will find the corresponding order on your list and offer appropriate actions.
Use Google Maps or Apple Maps to plot a route from your current position to the address of your next stop.
Continue to work quickly with or without an internet connection. Features continue to work even when offline and will automatically synchronize the results once an internet connection becomes available.
Data is transmitted to and from the app securely with encryption.
These exciting new features are available across all subscription plans, from Standard to Enterprise. Keep on the lookout for details on the benefits of each feature in future posts.
Download the app to your device and increase productivity today.
Beginning today, OnTime offers a new feature to help improve communication between drivers and dispatchers. In the past, it has not always been easy for dispatchers to know when and for how long a driver is available for work. This can be further complicated when drivers are independent contractors and do not have a set schedule. To solve this problem, OnTime now includes an Availability feature.
This allows a driver to quickly and easily set their current availability from one of the OnTime Mobile apps. In addition to setting their status as “available” or “not available”, drivers can include a description of their current status and a time at which they expect their next status to change.
A driver can change their availability by tapping on the yellow or green bar across the home screen of an OnTime Mobile app.
A driver can update their availability details as often as necessary. This information is immediately relayed back to users of OnTime Dispatch.
The new Availability feature allows a dispatcher to see the current availability of all drivers. Perhaps more importantly, a dispatcher can see a description of each driver’s current status and when that’s expected to next change. This helps the dispatcher to more accurately predict availability in the future.
Here are a few examples of how this feature may be used:
Example: Lunch break
A driver has just started his lunch break and is unavailable for the next hour.
Example: Shift over and on vacation until Tuesday.
A driver has just ended their shift and due to a planned vacation, will not return at the normal time the following week.
This feature is available in the following apps:
- OnTime Mobile Web
- OnTime Mobile for Android
- OnTime Mobile for iOS
- OnTime Dispatch
If you see this post it means that BlogEngine.NET is running and the hard part of creating your own blog is done. There is only a few things left to do.
To be able to log in, write posts and customize blog, you need to enable write permissions on the App_Data and Custom folders. If your blog is hosted at a hosting provider, you can either log into your account’s admin page or call the support.
If you wish to use a database to store your blog data, we still encourage you to enable this write access for an images you may wish to store for your blog posts. If you are interested in using Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SQL CE, or other databases, please see the BlogEngine docs to get started.
When you`ve got write permissions set, you need to change the username and password. Find the sign-in link located either at the bottom or top of the page depending on your current theme and click it. Now enter "admin" in both the username and password fields and click the button. You will now see an admin menu appear. It has a link to the "Users" admin page. From there you can change password, create new users and set roles and permissions. Passwords are hashed by default so you better configure email in settings for password recovery to work or learn how to do it manually.
Configuration and Profile
Now that you have your blog secured, take a look through the settings and give your new blog a title. BlogEngine.NET is set up to take full advantage of many semantic formats and technologies such as FOAF, SIOC and APML. It means that the content stored in your BlogEngine.NET installation will be fully portable and auto-discoverable. Be sure to fill in your author profile to take better advantage of this.
Themes and Plugins
One last thing to consider is customizing the look and behavior of your blog. We have themes and plugins available right out of the box. You can install more right from admin panel under Custom.
On the web
You can find news about BlogEngine.NET on the official website. For tutorials, documentation, tips and tricks visit our docs site. The ongoing development of BlogEngine.NET can be followed at Github. You can also subscribe to our Youtube channel.
Good luck and happy writing.
The BlogEngine.NET team